What’s your personal baseline? What are those things you must have, you must do? Do you know how to find it?
Here’s my process:
I ask myself a bunch of questions like these…
- Am I happy?
- Can I do the things I’d like to do? (Can I chase my dreams? Can I see the sunrise from my yard?)
- What can I do better?
- How can I make the world a better place?
- Do I have what I need?
…and I try to listen closely to the answers. Here are this morning’s:
- I want to help guide my boys on their paths to becoming beautiful, amazing, talented, compassionate young men.
- I want to be a part of a community, to feel connection and belonging. I want to really settle into a beautiful, friendly, progressive place and get to know it deeply; intimately.
- I want to travel out into the world and see it and interact with its people, its places, and learn and be opened in new and unexpected and beautiful ways.
- I want to bike and ski and sail and play outside. A lot.
- I want to fuck and snuggle and partner and love. A lot.
- I like having winter. I like having seasons.
- I want to have a good dog.
- I want to do good work, to be challenged, to be successful, to feel meaningful, to feel like the world is a better place for what I’ve spent my day doing.
And yeah: I feel pretty happy.